Dunkin' DonutsFounded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for six years running. The company has more than 10,500 restaurants in 31 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2011, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $6.9 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies.
- Founded: In 1950 Bill Rosenberg opened the first Dunkin’ Donuts restaurant in Quincy, Mass., with the goal to "make and serve the freshest, most delicious coffee and donuts quickly and courteously in modern, well-merchandised stores.”
- Rosenberg licensed the first of many franchises in 1955.
- Dunkin’ Donuts is still using the original proprietary coffee blend recipe established by its founder.
- Industry Recognition:
- #1 in iced regular/decaf/flavored coffee*
- #1 in hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee*
- #1 in donut category*
- #1 in bagel and muffin category*
- #2 in breakfast sandwich servings*
- #1 in customer loyalty in the coffee category since 2007, according to Brand Keys
* CREST data year ending December 2012
Franchise Enquiry Form